Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Believeland: Started from the bottom now were....still here!

ITS GREAT TO BE ALIVE

WELCOME BACK

(Indians OF Michael Bourn attempts a bunt during practice....get used to seeing this....can you say Kenny Lofton 2.0)

The Tribe v.s. The World 2013

ROLL TRIBE ROLL BABY! The Cleveland Indians are UNDEFEATED in Spring Training this year!!!! Wait....Whats that? Oh Spring Training doesn't matter? Awe nuts....Anyway, those of you who feel that way I got news for you.....it does. It definitely sets the tone for the season. Just look at last season. The Indians ended up 7-22 last Spring Training. This year are hot off a skillet posting a record of 5-0! Could this be a sign of things to come...now I am not a psychic but I'd bet house money that we will better than last year. (Please knock on wood now)
The excitement and atmosphere around the Indians camp this year is higher than ever. New skipper Terry Francona brings a new attitude and energy towards the team. So if all of the acquisitions, new manager, and 5-0 start doesn't get you excited for the Tribe this year get this.....Tickets for the Indians Opening Day game v.s. The New York ($)ankees sold out in 6 minutes. BOOM.
If that doesn't excite you for this upcoming year, do us all a favor and check your pulse! Ok I know I know, until we live up to "455 The Fans", the excitement won't really seem real...at least to me. Nevertheless, the Tribe is off to a hot start in Arizona. The pitchers have looked really good. The offense has looked really good. Enough to cause 1B/OF Nick Swisher to put current teammate Ryan Raburn's jersey on during batting practice. Raburn hit 3 home runs in his first three at bats. (Don't worry I'm waiting for the plummet just like you are) But hey are we sure we're talking about the Cleveland Indians?  I understand its only February, but all these stats and positive energy has me just as confused as poor Molly Shannon.     >>>>    Confused?

So please have some faith in our Tribe. I promise they are moving in the right direction. I can feel it.  Remember without faith we have NOTHING.

For now lets just roll with it

Yesterday's Game v.s. Oakland resulted in a 14-10 WIN for the Tribe
Important notes:
  • Pitcher Justin Masterson pitched two scoreless innings 
  • Ubaldo Jimenez looks like he has his velocity back according to reports from AZ
  • Michael Brantley had to receive stitches after sliding and being "spiked" by an opposing player. His status is day-to-day
  • There has been buzz that even Indians mascot Slider has caught Indians FEVER! Slider's popularity has simply skyrocketed! Just ask Tom Withers AP sports writer for the Tribe.   >>>>> I hope this is true
The Tribe plays today @ 3 v.s. Kansas City (yes, they are still in the league)
  Roll Tribe


(Seriously what the hell is that)



All for One: (All about One? Nah we already tried that)
Unfortunately Kyrie Irving will not play tonight due to a knee injury..He is listed day-day, but the report also said he will for sure miss the next two game. However, he is still the man....that is all


(I bet he's thinking, "Hi I'm Kyrie Irving, and yes I'm THAT good")

The Kyrie Irving-less Cavs play tonight @ 8 p.m. against the Derrick Rose-less Chicago Bulls


WOOF WOOF WOOF: 

 As stated in my previous post, the combine is in full swing. As I watched the NFL Network's coverage of the 2013 NFL combine, I came away with a few things

  •  These kids are Freakish athletes...with a capital F
  • According to NFL.com here are the results from their 40 times >>> 
  • (40 times of the Defensive Lineman and Linebackers)
  • (Remember some of these guys weigh 300lbs....WHAT ARE THEY FEEDING THEM AND HOW COME I WASN'T GIVEN ANY SEESH)
  • The outfits these guys wear makes them all look like they jumped out of a multicolored  kaleidoscope (see below) 
  • In case you were wondering, Manti Te'os Girlfriend still doesn't exist


(Told ya)
Really Under Armor.....REALLY?  Did you guy's really think these were cool? Seriously? Please excuse me while I take my sunglasses off after looking at that

Now that my eyes are adjusted, there were many Browns representatives present while the defensive lineman and linebackers participated in drills. Many experts believe in April's NFL Draft the Browns are targeting either a DL or LB with their #6 pick. The main thing I took away after watching these god-like athletes is they ALL HAVE SPEED. No matter the size. This must have put a huge smile on Browns GM Mike Lombardi's face. There are a lot of really really (yes i said it twice) good players they can draft at pick #6. Trust me any of these guys can come in and contribute immediately, which is all we can ask for.

As for the QB situation (which is still so far up in the air) current Browns gun-slinger/doppelganger to a Mr. Matt Ode, Brandon Weeden was recently signing autographs at the IX Center for the auto show. He was asked if he thought he could win the starting job in Cleveland this year - "I expect to be the starter this season, absolutely"
Now this seasons QB spot will be up for grabs according to everyone in the Browns front office, so we will see if your right Brandon. Personally, I believe we need a REAL franchise QB as I have stated before. However, if the right player is not on the market (in either the draft or free angency) I say don't bend over backwards to make someone into someone their not. Were from Cleveland, we all know we have patience. Otherwise why would we keep a team here whose record since 99' has been 60-122......Wow just wow

Weird thing is....we all go to the games, follow them everywhere, and give them our hearts to eventually rip out. Man do I love you Cleveland


(LB prospect Manti Te'o participating in drill @ NFL combine in Indy)
The NFL combine continues today. Defensive secondary will be participating in the various drills. Look for SPEED and absolutely ridiculous 40 times. Lets hope the Browns are paying more attention to their cover skills.

Random:

If you are avid music listener (which I assume in this day and age we all are) I suggest you give this guy a chance. Christopher Francis Ocean  a.k.a. Frank Ocean left victorious at the 2013 Grammy's for "Best Contemporary Urban Album" Channel Orange, and "Best Rap/Sung Collaboration" for his song with the ever amazing Kanye West for their tune "No Church in the Wild".  
Back to Frank, his music is nothing like I have ever heard before. The smooth & suave sound will elate your ears and force you to hit continuous play on your iPod. He finds his inspiration from old school artists such as Stevie Wonder,The Eagles, Marvin Gaye, and many others. Though his work is mostly hip-hop, you can hear the creativity from his idols. "Channel Orange"  first debuted on July 10, 2012, and I have been a fan ever since. You will get to know that I am a music junkie, ranging from artists such as Dave Matthews to Lil Wayne, but I know good music when I hear it. Please do yourselves a favor and give this guy a chance. Not many people will because Frank has been open about his sexuality. Crazy right? 
 It is still somewhat unclear if he is bi-sexual or gay, because in his songs he talks about being with men and women. Frank released a statement soon after his album came out saying, '"I don't know what happens now, and that's alrite. I don't have any secrets I need kept anymore...I feel like a free man." This was history for the hip-hop world. 
Name one time you heard a hip-hop icon admit he's gay? You simply can't. Most hip-hop artists rap about objecting women which another story in itself. Therefore, I applaud Frank Ocean for being open and honest....after all its just music right? So who cares if he's straight, gay, or bi-sexual. All that is CERTAIN is the guy makes incredible music. Please give it a listen....you won't be let down and tell me what you think!
>>>>>>     (Pyramids is my favorite song)
Frank Ocean: Channel Orange  



(Frank Ocean)



Every post I will upload a funny picture of my family's dog Bella.  She is half Yorkie, and half Poodle. Personally I think she's more rat than anything. Nevertheless, I still love her! Big thanks to my other sister Dana, she sends me these all the time. They really do make my day!

 Bella




I love hearing feedback and questions, so please comment! Also, if there are certain topics you would want me to cover....do not hesitate to ask!



 Quote of the day:

“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.”

 - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Coming Soon:
  • NHL - Struggling Blue Jackets & streaking Blackhawks (16-0-3) - They haven't lost this season
  • NCAA MARCH MADNESS IS COMING!!!!!
I will not be updating this blog everyday due to the harsh realities of college....I'm sure you'll understand....But if there is a big story I promise I will get to it! 
 
Thanks for reading...and see ya real soon!







1 comment: